Friday, January 18, 2008

One of a Kind

We had our first snowfall of the season last night, so I thought I'd pull out some of my snowflake cards that I made last month.

This is a really simple card, but the neat thing about it is the acrylic piece is actually a necklace. The acrylic piece one of the Tim Holtz fragments (idea-ology), and I had my hubby drill a hole in the corner. I stamped the snowflake with royal purple Stazon, and then threaded some silver cord through and set the necklace aside. I stamped the snowflakes onto the white panel (also using Stazon, but stamping off once first) and the sentiment, then spritzed the whole thing with snowflake glimmer mist. I'm really liking the soft shimmer that product adds! I knew I wanted to somehow frame out the necklace on the card, so I decided to mount it on the white and purple squares. I punched a hole on the white base to thread the cord through, and then glued the squares down. I also mounted a small plastic bag to the backside of the panel to keep the cord in place. I put just a dab of mono multi glue (which remains tacky when dry) in the center of the white square, which holds the piece in place. The final step was to adhere the white panel to the card base; I did leave the top free just so there's enough "slack" in the cardstock to easily remove the necklace. I'm definitely going to be making more of these in the future - I know my niece would one - or two or three :)

All images from smARTworks Avalanche set

No comments: