Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Colorful Tea Party!

It's time for another Tea Party, this time hosted by Susan. She made it a color challenge - brown, lime, and teal. Fun, fun! I decided that the lime & teal would look nice with the fossil stone technique - it's an "oldie but goodie" from the Technique Junkies newsletter. Simple and always fun results. I smeared versamagic inks onto a page protector (with the edges cut open); I then spritzed it with some perfect ink refresher, pressed the the two sides together, then inserted some paper to transfer the ink. Lovely!

But what to do with the paper? On this card, I stamped the dandelion (Wonder), and then cut the paper into thirds. To add just a bit more interest, I trimmed a bit more off of each edge, but alternating ends. I then mounted it on wasabi cardstock, and then onto a chocolate card base. It still needed a sentiment, though! I stamped "joy" (from Pear Tree) and then hand wrote "scatter."

I had plenty of the funkified paper left, so I played a bit more. First I dirtied it up a bit by adding some caramel ink, then covering it all with white versamagic. I think I've mentioned this little trick before - it softens the base color, but also mutes the overstamped image by "sucking up" some of the ink. I used the same sepia versafine ink on both the dragonfly and the sentiment (Dragonfly), and you can definitely see the difference. I matted the dragonfly panel with just a hint of teal, then flush mounted it and added three clear dew drops. The wasabi card base is the same that I used to mat the flower on the first card, so you use your imagination to color correct :)

Wanna see what the other cookies have done? Check out In the Works, Mama Dini's Stamperia, Dee's Studio, & Sweet Somethings! And we'd love to have try out these colors, too - just leave a comment!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two completely different looks using the same color theme and the same "funkified" paper! I like the crispness of the flower card and the dreamy feel of the dragonfly card. Very nice, indeed.

BTW,you've also made me salivate for some of those dew drop thingies.

Heidi said...

Great cards! I especially like the Wonder one! I still haven't ordered that one yet. What am I waiting for?!

Donna said...

Beautiful, Trish...both of them! I really like the way you cut the main panel on the first one. And, count me in on the salivating for those dew drops -- very cool!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Trish the technique you used on your first came if fabulous....love the card you created with it.

Sarosa said...

Trish, this was really interesting, thanks for all the details. (And I love the cards, especially the dragonfly one!) I also note that you apply your Alcohol inks differently, how do you do it? Mine never looks like that, maybe it's the paper? This is how AI looks on my cardstock:http://www.encouragingimpressions.com/polished_stone_gallery.htm

Trish D said...

This is actually chalk inks - this technique is also a lot of fun to use with regular dye inks (then mist with plain old water). Have fun playing!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Beautful work! THanks for reading my blog... I have you in for the drawing.