Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Playing with Punches and Paper

When I saw this card that Mercy Kerin made, I knew I had to dig out some paper scraps and punches and start playing. I kept things pretty simple, but there really are unlimited possibilities for embellishing those circles. For these two cards, I used paper from 7Gypsies, and the sentiments are Hero Arts. Various accents include a keyhole, crackle effects, and shell button. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future! On an interesting side note, I also really like this card that Valerie Stangle made, inspired by the exact same card that Mercy chose. I just love seeing how a stamper's personal style comes through!

I'm still on track to go "unplugged" on Thursday. Anyone else going to play along?

3 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Love these cards. Simple elegance--that's how I'd describe them. Beautiful. Hope your day to unplug is totally enjoyable!

Donna said...

I love what you did with these cards, Trish. Very elegant, and they look like so much fun to do!

Sarosa said...

Trish, I love how you did these cards! A couple of weeks I went through all my small scraps of printed papers and punched a ton of them. But I hadn't thought to take my stamped scraps and punch them to feature on cards this way. Really, really classy!