Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tagged

I've been itching to make a tag ever since Tim Holtz did his "12 Tags of Christmas." I started playing around with this house image and sentiment (House Warming and Home) and decided the time had come... The papers are all from the DCWV Old World Stack (although they've been altered pretty heavily). I started by stamping the house onto the brown paper, then thin metal, and finally a coral print. Cut out the individual pieces and reassembled onto the base. I knew I wanted to give the house wings, so I pulled a set out of my grungeboard elements, covered it with some versamagic ink, then ran it through my Big Shot with the textile folder. I then went over the edges and raised texture with platinum brilliance ink.

For the tag base, I started by stamping the sentiment onto a 3x5 piece of light blue paper. I stamped on a few images (Screen, script from One Smile) then misted it down with latte & snowflake glimmer mists. I brushed on a tiny bit of blue crackle paint, but it looked awful so I cleaned it off with a baby wipe and was happy with the blue wash it left behind. I then stamped the clock (Bits of Time #2) and accented the edges with brown ink. I layered the piece onto navy cardstock, then added a green print as a hole reinforcer, and punched it all with a slot punch. Next, I dug through my ribbons and fibers until I came up with a handful of pieces, and threaded them through. The tag still needed something on the bottom, so the final touch was adding a small metal key (from my embellishment stash). Whew! Finally done :)

But my post title has another meaning - Jacki was picking on me yesterday (her words! :) and I've been tagged. First off, seven random and/or strange things about me:
  1. I love to read. Magazines, cereal boxes, billboards, novels, whatever. When I was growing up, I would often curl up in my bedroom (down in the basement) and lose myself in a good book. Mom would yell for me, but I was in another world and wouldn't hear, so she'd often "call" for me by flipping the breaker. Yes, I noticed when the lights went off.
  2. My first car was a '71 Dodge Coronet. I even had vanity plates (super cheap in MT) that read "BLU WALE."
  3. I used to say that I wanted 4 kids. Now I'm absolutely convinced that 2 is the magic number for us. Oh, and I knew way more about children before I had my own :)
  4. Spring is my favorite season. When I start seeing daffodils, I know that it won't be much longer before I can start wearing flip flops again.
  5. I can't stand curry. I've tried many different varieties, but there's some base spice in all of them that seriously triggers my gag reflex. (Turmeric maybe?)
  6. I have horrible vision and am legally blind - but thankfully fully correctable. Glasses are the very first thing I reach for in the morning (so I can read the clock).
  7. I used to work in HR, and once had a dream I was drowning in resumés.

Jacki also rated my blog "E" for Excellent. Wow, thanks!! She is a gifted artist (her coloring skills are amazing!!) who freely shares her knowledge - but even better, she has a godly spirit that really shines through.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to play along with the "randomness" if you'd like. And as for other excellent bloggers, I kindly direct you to my sidebar of recommended reading :)

Have a great afternoon!!

No comments: