Saturday, February 16, 2008

Simple Cards

Last night the rest of my family fell asleep really early, so I headed off to my craft space to do some cleaning and sorting. I did manage about an hour's worth before the urge to stamp became too overwhelming... I made up some long-overdue cards to send out to family. I used my DCWV glitter pad and pre-made card bases, so they went together really quickly. This first one uses the My Heart sentiment again, and I was pleased to see that it fit so nicely in the oval scalloped punch.

This second card is for my grandmother, who fell and broke her hip last week (ouch!). It was a bad enough break that they had to do a full hip replacement, and now she's in transitional care as they try to get her strength back up. The sentiment on this one is from a retired SU set (Hope for Comfort) and the inside says ...and that tomorrow is even better. I like this so much better than just Get Well.

Since the cards were done so quickly, I even was able to write some real letters. Hey, I remember those! :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

Ahhh love those cards,simple but oh
so pretty!