Monday, February 25, 2008

Using Scraps

Today's technique lover's challenge was to mix patterns. I had quite a stack of Stella Ruby scraps on my workspace, so decided to piece a card together. I started by gluing down the long orange strip as an "anchor," then just worked my way down, randomly gluing strips. I stamped the sentiment (In Color) and then trimmed it out with a wavy edge, matting it with a piece I cut in the same fashion. The final touch was a specially dotted "i" (yellow rhinestone).

I still had a few more scraps left, so I also made this second super simple card. I started by gluing down another long strip. I stamped the verse (Job 37:14) and then the dried grass (Standing Tall), and mounted it flush to the side. I need to do that more often - I like the change from things floating in the middle :)

By the way, you may have noticed that I've been using a lot of the DCWV card bases lately. I picked up two boxes at Joann's a couple weeks ago - each with 60 cards AND envelopes for $5 each. How could I pass that up? One was a winter assortment and one was Christmas; they're all solid colored, so easy to use. Might want to check the clearance section next time you're there!

No comments: