Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bright Houses

Just wanted to share these cards I made using the House Warming set. I have to admit this set isn't necessarily "my" style, but I really love the houses. This first one would be a great way to welcome a new neighbor, don't you think? I stamped the row of homes onto a Fabriano notecard, added color with watercolor crayons and prismacolor pencils, then added the sentiment (Combo Sentiments). The final touch was some swirly black ribbon and little key charm I had in my stash. Love it!

This second card is waaay out of my comfort zone - those colors are borderline obnoxious :) It all started with the coral card base (DCWV) and then I found this stripe in one of my old stacks. It matched beautifully, so I just picked several other colors from the print to color the house (using prismacolor pencils). I stamped the sentiment (Home) on a scrap of white - had to break up the crazy stripes just a bit...

And don't forget that smARTworks still has the amazing Spring Fever special going on. A few sets are now out of stock - click here for the list. Head on over and get some rubbah at a fantastic discount!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that little row of houses ... adorable cards.