Sunday, March 16, 2008

If nothing ever changed...

...there would be no butterflies.
Great sentiment, isn't it? I managed to stamp quite a bit yesterday, so have lots to share over the next few days.
I love the way this card came together - simple layout, clean lines and sophisticated colors (at least that's how they seem to me, LOL!) I started by stamping the script (Vert Love Comes, but only partialy inked) onto the white square, then the butterfly over that (End/Begin). I stamped the sentiment (Butterflies) onto caramel cardstock, then pierced a straight line underneath just to add some interest. I mounted that onto a dark brown card base, then tried to decide what I wanted to do with the butterfly panel. I finally settled on matting it with red, which gave it a nice pop.
Back with more tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I like that pop of red, Trish. Nice color combo.

Teresa said...

So beautiful!!!