Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sheesh...

Ever have one of those cards where NOTHING goes right? I started out to make a card based on a sketch from another blog. Pulled together the paper and stamps I wanted to use. This should be simple, right? Well, turns out the stamp had a dead spot (which I finally admitted to myself after stamping it about 8 times with different inks, papers, etc.). Guess I'll be contacting the manufacturer about that. I tried a few other images, but nothing was clicking with the sketch. I then pulled out this swirly flower - the phone rang, startling me, and making for quite a smeary image. Dropped my ink pad and messed up the second image. Then the kids were fighting, so by the time I made it back to my workspace, I had forgotten my glorious plan. Oh, well. This is what finally came together. It looks nothing like the initial sketch, but it's done. I'll just pretend that I can't see the rough condition of that poor flower or the bumps in the ribbon from the glue dots (and I'm reminded of why I don't like satin ribbon). But I *do* like the end of the ribbon off on the side there. See, something postive! No more ink or rubbah for me today - I think it would be best for all of us if I take a break :) Stamps: Inkadinkado and Paper Trey, Paper: Chatterbox

No comments: