Friday, March 7, 2008

Getting Scrappy

After yesterday's card, I had a lot of scraps on my workspace. Since everything was from the same Chatterbox package, pulling another project together was super simple. These lightweight papers are double sided, and inks don't seem to sink in too badly (the green floral panel across the bottom had a big burgundy butterfly stamped on the back, and the sentiment panel reverses to a big ol' stripe). I left more white space, added some photo corners (stickers from the same package) and this time tied the ribbon on rather than adhering it. I like this card soooo much better!

The sentiment is from Verses Rubber Stamps and actually says "Happy Anniversary" underneath, but I think it works nicely as a birthday sentiment, too.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

oooh. I love the way that satin ribbon looks too! glad you are having a better scrappin day!

laurie serino said...

This card is fabulous, LOVE that ribbon !!! I got your e-mail, your stuff is on the way !

Heidi said...

This is beautiful! I love being able to use up the scraps laying around! Great layout!