Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vintage Postcard

As I've been cleaning up my craft pit, I discovered a box with some of my old set samplers. What a reminder of how my style has changed over the years! There were definitely some cringe inducing examples, but there were also a few that had stood the test of time. Since I still haven't had time to stamp anything new, thought I'd share some "oldies but goodies."

Today we'll be revisiting "Vintage Postcard." This first card uses a shaving cream background. The silhouette was then stamped in pigment ink and embossed with a pearl EP. I'm not sure whether that stuff is even available anymore, but I love the different type of shine you get with it.


The second card uses a technique I saw demo'd at a stamp convention. Simple, and kind of fun. Start at one side of the main panel and mask off a line (post-it note, or scrap paper with repositionable adhesive). Stamp the images, then move the mask so you've covering what you've just done, then use a second mask to create the next panel. Just work your way across the card, and then you can leave it as is or accent the lines, as I've done here. I also stippled the areas as I stamped them, just to visually separate each section. I finished it off with an organdy bow, zapped with the heat gun to make it crinkly.

Tomorrow we'll flash back to wire! :)

No comments: