Monday, July 30, 2007

Room Update

The past few days have been very productive - the handles are on (after some re-working, as neither of the two existing hole sets were a standard size), shelves and drawers are all lined (using leftover contact paper from the kitchen), countertop is up, and I'll be able to start reloading today! My hubby added a very fun detail for me, too. We have baseboard heat, so had to install the base cabinet a few inches off of the wall. It looked a little strange, and my DH had the great idea to hang a 2x4 along the wall, just under the back of the countertop. It helps support the countertop, and it's great storage for embellishments! I was originally planning to paint the board, but decided to mod podge some papers on instead. Very cute result, and super simple (papers from MAMBI vintage collection). We still need to do the upper shelves; I'll be spray painting those today.

Total cost of the project (paint, knobs, countertop) was just under $150. Not super cheap, but I'm soooooo happy with the results! I'll definitely be posting more pics soon.

1 comment:

Ivymamma said...

OOOHHHHH, AAAAAHHHHH!!! I can't wait for the final reveal!