Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wire!

More cards that were buried in my craft pit. As promised, today is about wire. SU introduced this into the catalog a few years ago, so of course I had to have it (but only used it a few times!) Anyway, here are two creations.

This first one uses Nice & Easy Notes, a set that was just retired. It was on my first SU order, as I just knew I'd be able to use it for virtually every card I ever needed (to save us money, snort!). I stamped the card base with white ink, then colored the central image with pastels, layered it with mulberry, then accented it with the twisted wire heart. My coloring is quite lousy and the layout is simplistic, but I still like the wire accent!

The second one is an anniversary card with Tropical Blossoms. I really hate how I did the card base, but I like the idea of the wavy layers on the focal image, accented with the beads and wire. Not too sure about those colors - I often tried to use colors that weren't really "me" just so I could have a variety to show to people. So nice not to have to worry about that anymore!!

No comments: