Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Medallions

Mercy posted her weekly sketch challenge yesterday, and I immediately knew I wanted to make something with the Borders & Seals set. I managed to make this card, but then we had some nasty storms sweep through last night so hopping on the computer wasn't an option :)

I stamped the seal images on ivory paper, then trimmed them. I punched circles from the DCWV Luxury Stack to mat them, then layered them onto another print from the same stack. The papers are pearlized, so they're really lovely in person. I added a brad in the center of each, and then added a lace ruffle on the side - how fun is that? I used ivory cardstock for the base, but it looked a bit too plain so I pulled out my glimmer screens to add a bit of pattern. I used honeydew & latte gm's (spritzed well above the actual paper to avoid "blobs" and create a very fine mist). I stamped the sentiment, and it was done.

I know I've been unusually quiet these past couple days; i just needed to get caught up on some things around here, plus it's been really stinkin' hot so the kids and I have been spending quite a bit of time outside in our little pool. I did get some other panels stamped last night (while watching Deadliest Catch) so hopefully I can get those made into full cards later this afternoon. Later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

such a gorgeous take on the sketch! i love the shabby chic look and the soft colors....beautifully done!

thanks for playing, sweetie! hope to see you again next week!

hugs ~ mercy