Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tea & Cookies

Yes, it's time for another shindig with my fellow smART cookies! Today's challenge was provided by Heidi, and we were to create something based on the colors in this photo (from Pottery Barn). I picked out a few colors, jotted down some notes, and dove into the stamp pile!



This first card is quite small - only 3x5 but I love how it really showcases the verse (Deut 6:5). I matted it with black, and ended up accidentally punching the entire thing with my corner rounder (loooong story) - funny thing is that I actually liked how it looked so I went ahead and did the other 3 :) I stamped the flower (Sunflowers) onto cranberry cardstock, and trimmed it down to a nice accent piece. I spritzed the card base with glimmer mist just to add some interest, then just glued everything down. Very simple!




I also needed to make a card for a little birthday party we attended this morning - the kids' friend is turning 4, and I happen to know he really likes bright colors so I decided to go ahead and make his card using orange and green - he's also really into bugs right now. I started by stamping "Happy Birthday" (Cake Time) onto a piece of orange cardstock, then I placed a 4 (Heidi Swapp mask) over it and misted it down with 2 colors of glimmer mist. Very cool effect! After it had dried, I trimmed it down to a tag shape then stapled on just a bit of rick rack. I stamped the bee (Winging It) onto some BasicGrey paper (I'm pretty sure it was from the Cupcake pad), and then trimmed another scrap of orange cardstock with some decorative edge scissors just to add another punch of color. I stamped the sentiment on the card base, and it was done! Definitely not your stereotypical boy card, but he really liked it.

Check out what the other cookies have created at In the Works, Mama Dini's Stamperia, Dee's Studio, & Sweet Somethings!

2 comments:

Donna said...

These are both great, Trish, but I've gotta say I'm partial to the first one. I love the way you mounted the main panel, even if it was accidental!

Anonymous said...

Happy "accidents" are the absolute best! I love how you made the scripture verse the focus on the first card, and all the random birthday bees on the second one.