Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pushing Daisies

As I had mentioned yesterday, I spent Tuesday night parked in front of the TV - but I did play with my Daisy Trio #1 set so I could pretend that I was being productive ;)

I love the way these look in the bright colors - I was just playing around with a variety of palette, versamagic, and brilliance inks when I created these. And I must admit that the funkified alignment was a direct result of my TV distraction... I wasn't paying close enough attention to the orientation of my block in relation to the stamp-a-ma-jig, and I ended up "misplacing" the 2nd layer on the middle flower. But I thought it looked kinda neat, so I went with it! And yes, there is glimmer mist spritzed on the main panel - I love that stuff!

This second card is much softer. I used a cream panel, and built the flowers up with only two layers (white and wheat versamagic). I then added the yellow center, and it was done. BTW, I only used my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that the flower layers were occupying the same space, but I didn't align each petal; I still think they look lovely! I finished it off with the verse (Hebrews 13:15), matted and corner punched, then layered on some sheer white ribbon.

No comments: