Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Melody of Life

I've always loved vintage images, and while I've been stamping for several years now, it's only in the past 2-3 that I've started playing around with this particular style. This is my first finished creation with smARTworks' Ooh La La set - I love the "sophistication" of the women in this set, and I know that the music will be handy for collage work. I started with a piece of 2 sided paper (My Mind's Eye); I trimmed the printed side down for the larger layer, then used the reverse for the focal panel. I stamped the music (with SU Sahara Sand), and then the lovely lady and the sentiment (black versafine). I then inked up the edges (distress mahogany), layered on some satin ribbon and ivory trim, and then added the metal corner (We R Memory Keepers).

As I was photographing the card, my 5 YO commented that the girl's hair looked kinda funny; I then told him that this was how ladies used to wear their hair a long time ago. He then wanted to know if I used to have mine that. Gotta love kids and their questions! (BTW, the answer is no!! :)

1 comment:

Sarosa said...

This is lovely, Trish! Perfect!