Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Aqua - Brown Extravaganza

As I was making my way through Google Reader this morning, I noticed that Mercy had a sketch up. I really liked it, and thought I'd give it a whirl. Once I had the kids occupied, I darted off and started rifling through paper to see what grabbed me - I ended up using these simple patterns from the BasicGrey Figgy Pudding line. I started with the eyes (Love Eyes) and added a single word ("bonus rubber," which means fun freebies added to your order). Layered it all up, and ended up straying slightly from the sketch by placing the dew drops at the bottom of the layered strip. Finished card is 3x6.

Since I had all the stuff out, I decided to make a second card. This time I stamped the sentiment (Butterflies) with a butterfly (End/Begin) behind it (stamped off once first). I glued some paper pieces onto a Fabriano notecard, misted it all down with Pearl glimmer mist, and then glued the sentiment panel on. It needed just a bit more, so I added a prima flower with a brad in the center. OK, now it's all done. One little note - I did trim the edges of the Fabriano card down just a bit so they're all nice and sleek; I normally love the "soft" edges of the notecards, but it just doesn't look right once you layer paper all the way to the edge.

Hope you're having a great day - I'll be back tomorrow for a little party with the other smART cookies!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

this is a beauty, trish! the brown and turquoise are so striking together. love the addition of the bling, too!

thanks so much for playing, and I hope to see you again for next week's sketch!

hugs ~ mercy

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Oh, these are very striking, Trish! I absolutely love the turquoise and brown combo. Great work!

Godelieve said...

These colors are just GORGEOUS together, love the polka dots. Great cards!