Friday, April 4, 2008

Clearly, this is a cool card :)

I love the look of clear elements on cards, but honestly haven't played around with them much. Well, yesterday's challenge on SCS was to use rub-ons. I had picked up these colorful rub-ons (American Crafts) somewhere last year, but had yet to use them. Part of the reason I'm drawn to rub-ons is that they can be used on so many surfaces - plastic, glass, etc. So howzabout I dip into my pile of saved packaging (I know I'm not the only one that does that, right?) and cut a piece of plastic to do this window card. I cut the front panel out of the DCWV card base (I liked that the inside was white) and then used the super strong tape to adhere the panel to the inside. Add a couple rub-ons, some tiny gems, and it's all done!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my, Trish! This card is fabulous! I don't think I have any rub ons. Thanks for enabling!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

I love this card Trish. The window and rub on is sooooo cool.