Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tea Party in the Round

Well, Dina is our hostess this time around, and she challenged us to make circle cards. I'd only made 1 circle card in the past, and remembered having a hard time with the layout... and this time was about the same :) I ended up going with this collage - I like that there are some straight lines with the eye image and sentiment. There are a several stamp sets here: Worries (sentiment), Bits of Time #1 and #2 (key, clock), Love Eyes, and Kings (crown - stamped in silver brilliance ink - the photo just happened to capture the reflection) The card base is bazzill bling, and I cut it with a coluzzle (and yes, it fits in a standard notecard envelope). The tulip is because my 3 YO thought I needed a "pretty flower" and plucked it before I could form the word, "No!" so I figured I might as well use it :)

This second card is from my first attempt at a circle card, but the panel just looked too plain and I couldn't decide what to do with it... Mojo sketch to the rescue! It has sort of an Indian vibe to it with that background paper, and the sponging around the flower is brilliance copper ink so there's a bit of metallic shine. I stamped the flower (Daisy Trio #2) with mostly palette inks: 1st (solid) layer with raw sienna; 2nd with L'Amour red and giverny green, with some red versamagic in the center; 3rd with boudoir blush, veridian leaf and sepia versafine in the center. The little palette cubes seem to work well to ink up these images, but even the larger versafine pad worked fine by just "dabbing" ink on with the corner. I overstamped the sentiment (Wonderful/Marvelous) with black versafine, then completed the card with papers from the BasicGrey boxer collection.

Want to see what the other smART cookies have created? Then check out In the Works, Mama Dini's Stamperia, Dee's Studio & Sweet Somethings!

4 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Trish!
Great and very nice work.
Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I like the first card -- am always amazed at how adventurous you are with different colors of ink, and the bling stock is super...But I LOVE the second card -- It has such an nice "feel," and I never thought of "red" for the daisy, but wow! Sooooo pretty!

Heidi said...

Great card Trish! I love that sentiment! So true!

Unknown said...

These are both fabulous! Great work. Thanks for playing! :)