Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Mojo-ness

Well, here I am doing yet another challenge (perhaps I need to seek help? Nah, it's an excuse to stamp more!! :) This card is based on Julee's Mojo Monday sketch, and I used this darling little girl (Paperbag Studios) as the focal image. (After looking at the sketch again, I think I was supposed to have my focal point in the front square. Oops.) I added just a hint of color with chalks, and then layered some paper and other embellishments. Don't you just love that epoxy sticker? I also added three eyelets before mounting it to the brown base. She's such a cutie...



This was my first attempt. It has all the elements, but they just didn't look right when I lined them up according to the sketch. I took my color cues from a K-ology paper pad - love those purple tones! The heart image is embossed, and the gate (both images Paperbag Studios) was done with the castaway pad. (That was one of those purchases that had been "lost" in the crazy craft heap, but was recently rediscovered). I added a layered flower, and the final touch was the row of faux brads created with Liquid Pearls. I swear they were straight initially, but as I tapped the cardstock to make them settle (and get rid of the unsightly lift-off lump) they shifted a bit. Anyone know of a better way to handle that issue?

Well, I'm off to straighten up and then oversee bath time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Both are great cards. Thanks for playing! The sketch is just a starting point, so you're free to put your focal point wherever or skew the panels a bit, as long as all the main elements are still there. :)