Monday, April 14, 2008

Haven

These past few months I've been really into the home and house images, quotes, etc. Some of that is probably because of the MOPS theme (Home Factor: Dwell Well), and my devotion to HGTV might play a small role, too. Anyway, this is another card I made using the smARTworks' House Warming and Home sets. I started by stamping the house, coloring it with prismacolor markers, and then trimming down the panel with a portion of the house outside. "Home" is spelled out with Cosmo Cricket chipboard letters, and then I masked off the sentiment to use just the three words. Hint: cover unwanted words with scotch tape, ink normally, then remove tape and stamp. Obviously I made this as a card, but I think it would be really nice as a small framed piece for an entryway or side table (wow, did I just sound like an HGTV groupie or what? :)

Also wanted to let you know that smARTworks is releasing some GORGEOUS new images tomorrow. The online catalog has been updated, and the new goodies start at page 126. (If you want to click through quickly, then click through to page 126, and then just enter 127, 128, etc. on your browser's address bar). I cannot wait to get my hands on those Trios (flowers, and even a coffee mug!)... oh, and a beautiful house set that's just begging to be watercolored.

Hope you're having a great day, and hopefully you have just a bit of time to enjoy your own haven...

No comments: