Sunday, April 6, 2008

A few more cards

I managed to participate in one other VSN challenge last night - this time we were to use the cracked glass technique. Frankly, I've had mixed results with that technique and much prefer using Ranger's Crackle Accents. Since I needed to allow for drying time, I started by stamping and coloring the Butterfly (End/Begin), then coated it and set it aside. I pulled out BasicGrey paper and fiddled with a few ideas before settling on this layout. I just love that sentiment (Soar), and I added the little caterpillar on the bottom as a creeper. Tied a bit of ribbon, and it was all set.







I also made this card yesterday, using this weekend's Sketch for You To Try. I really like the clean and simple lines of it, and know I'll be using it again. I grabbed a stack of 7gypsies paper, and stamped the girl (Paper Artsy by Inkadinkado) over the script. I added more paper, layered it onto a base made from Bazzill, then added some sheer ribbon and a lock padlock. The charm says "secret" on it, and I think it looks like this girl has one :) Final accent was three dew drops; the paper actually had dots on it already, so it made lining them up super simple!

Well, I think I've now shared all my weekend projects... time to take care of some household duties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great cards!! thx for playing!!