Saturday, April 19, 2008

You've Bean a Blessing

I mentioned smARTworks' new "Trios" line earlier this week, and here's my first finished product. The flowers are all beautiful, but I just love this mug set. Dina designed the images to start with the lightest color and darken progressively, but I wanted to see how it would look starting with the darkest image on the bottom. I love how it turned out! My initial mug is stamped with sepia (Versafine, same ink I used for the sentiment), then the second layer is wheat (Versamagic), and the final highlight is white (Technique Tuesday). I can see myself having a lot of fun playing with colors on this image :) Anyway, after I'd stamped my initial image, I noticed the Mojo33 sketch I'd jotted down earlier in the week, and figured that it worked pretty well with my mug. I layered it with papers from the BasicGrey Sugared pad, playing around until I came up with this combo that's feminine but not overly girly. The final touch was the three little embellishments on the side... and yes, those really are coffee beans. A bit corny perhaps, but I love it!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card! Love those coffee been accents! Thanks for playing! :0