Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Butterflies

I love techniques, and subscribe to the Technique Junkies newsletter. I hadn't played much lately, but was really impressed with the samples I'd seen using Reinker splash, so last night I pulled out Palette metallic inks (luscious lilac and satin sage). Very cool results - this card uses the 2nd generation pressing (and it's on matte cardstock) - yes, you'll be seeing something made with the original pressing soon :) I stamped the butterfly (End/Begin), then trimmed and matted the panel. I used Combo Sentiments to add the greeting, using the metallic ink on "happy." I tied on some ribbon and popped the sentiment panel up on foam dots just to add some interest.

This shot captures a bit of the shimmer. I just love sparkley stuff (but you may have already guessed that :) and I just wish that I could capture it better in the photos.

BTW, if you're not a TJ subscriber but are interested, you can get a 2008 online subscription for only $9.95. These are step by step photographed instructions, so they're very easy to follow. There's more info on this over at Pat's blog (the creator/publisher of the newsletter). Check it out!

3 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

You've been stamping your little heart out this week haven't you been, missy. I love this card. Youve inspired me. I'm going to pull out this set of sentiments and ink them up. Have a great week or two, I don't know how much I'll be able to check out blogs in the next few weeks...

Paula said...

Oh, what a pretty card. I love the look of that technique, must subscribe to the TJ newsletter.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty! What a wonderful technique! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing! :D