Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Just a quick birthday card to share today. I'd seen birthday candles used as card embellishments, and always thought it was really cute, so I gave it a go. I kept the card really simple; it's 5 1/2" square, and I layered on this adorable double sided Daisy D's paper (and yes, the edges are already pinked). I did stamp the birthday cake (smARTworks Cake Time) over the plaid, then flipped the corner over and added just a bit of pale yellow. I stamped the sentiment, then added the candles. A little hint: I had a hard time finding an adhesive that worked with the candles themselves, so I tied them really tight, and then used red liner tape to adhere the bundle to the card using the ribbon.

Also wanted to share a very cool idea I ran across yesterday. As I continue to organize my crafting space, I really want horizontal storage for my pens and markers. I've tried the plastic drawers, but they just weren't working for me. Haven't really seen many options, either, which I found surprising. But check out this THIS great idea! You know I'm going to be saving my crystal light containers now :)

No comments: