Tuesday, April 22, 2008

In His Presence

The theme for the current Salt challenge is presence, and I immediately started thinking about Psalm 139. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, His hand will guide me and hold me fast. What an amazing promise! I pulled out my concordance to see where else the word "presence" is used, and came across this passage:

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.
They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness.
For you are their glory and strength...
(Psalm 89:15-17a)

The phrase "learned to acclaim you" really jumped out at me. We are always in His presence, but the true blessing comes when we've learned to delight in that, to praise Him at all times. And it doesn't just happen - we have to make it a habit.
I decided to highlight the first verse on this little door hanger made from a coaster. I started by stamping the path (Stampscapes) onto some BasicGrey paper, then added just a tiny bit of color to it with prismacolor pencils. I printed the verse, then trimmed and adhered it. I added the heart/cross rub-on (from Joann's - they have a nice little section of faith-based products now!), then glued it all on to the coaster. I added some ink to the edges, then ran the ribbon through two eyelets.

4 comments:

Lucy Mills said...

It's beautiful. What a lovely idea.

Mrs. W said...

Awesome Job Trish! Love this I hope to see more of your artistic talent! Blessings, Heather

Hazel said...

I love this - thanks for sharing.

Lythan said...

OOooh Trish this is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much for sharing it