Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sharing some love

I needed to make an anniversary card for some friends, and when I saw Mercy's sketch, I knew I'd found my starting point. This went together quickly using some retired SU designer papers, and the Love stamp (Brenda Walton - Inkadinkado). It needed something more, though, so I die cut a heart from some heavy plastic packaging I'd saved, then went around the edges with palette ink. I embellished it with a prima and a bit of ribbon, and then used a brad to hold it all down (thereby taking care of the interminable question of how to attach a clear element). Beauteous!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

trish...another beauty! love the summery colors!

thanks for playing again!

hug ~ mercy

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Trish, and thanks for the lightbulb moment! I'm saving the plastic cover from my salad today, LOL.

laurie serino said...

This is goergous !! I hardly ever think to stamp on the DP- Duh ! Also Thick Renolds foil works well , but don't try to run your snail over it , you will push out your embossing !