Friday, April 11, 2008

More Flower Power

Well, I had more stamped copy paper left from that layered flower, so when I saw the challenge at LilyBean's Paperie, I knew I wanted to play along. We were to create a card using red, green, black and cream - but not for Christmas; make a flower; and include trim. So here goes...

I took the plain white paper stamped with script (smARTworks One Smile), and inked it up to make it "creamier." I hand cut the layers, and then edged each with red ink. I used an ivory button for the center (yes, I even sewed it!) and incorporated a bit of green with the leaves. I used papers from the BasicGrey Figgy Pudding collection, but the red print on the base was stark white, so more ink and a few spritzes of gold glimmer mist. I inked the edges with black, added a sentiment (Hero Arts) to the red panel, then layered on some lace trim that was floating around in my drawer. Quite simple (and not all that different from yesterday's card), but I think the the recipient will still be appreciative. (Finished card measures 4x6)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought I'd play along to check out my card. Ilove yours very cute kim

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!! I like how you inked the edges of your flower. How do you do it so it does get too much ink?

Gail
http://thatandthis.blogsome.com/